There are several housing options available at The Highlands. We offer four types of homes ranging from an 826 square-foot, one bedroom residence to a 1,440 square-foot, two bedroom residence with a den and two bathrooms. The following information will assist you in determining the benefits of your investment and future at The Highlands.
- Fully-equipped & beautifully updated kitchens that include dishwasher, refrigerator, range/oven, garbage disposal, and microwave
- Washer & dryer
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Ample storage
- Private deck or patio
- Emergency response system
- Emergency generator, sprinkler system, and smoke alarms
- Utilities paid by The Highlands include: cable - expanded basic (SMU), water, sewer, garbage, and electricity (telephone and Internet not included)
Guaranteed Return on Occupancy: 80-90%
- One meal per day - 7 days per week (tray service for meals when needed)
- Great Room & Dining Area:
- Impressive vaulted ceiling
- Used daily by homeowners for morning coffee, meals, or social get-togethers
- Special gatherings: anniversaries, birthday parties, and even wedding receptions!
- Celebration Suite:
- Overlooks the Great Room
- Two pool tables and kitchenette
- Library & Quiet Lounges
- Assortment of books and magazines rotated on a frequent basis
- Fitness Center & Fitness Classes
- Social/Cultural Activities
- Hair Salon/Barber Shop
- Aquatic Center & Spa Rehabilitation Services
- Two Elevators
- Heated Underground Garage
- Gardening Plots
- Wood Shop
- Pets Allowed
- $500 Non-Refundable Fee per pet
- Animals Accepted: Small Dog, Cats, & Birds
- Lawn Care & Snow Removal
- Secure Building: 24 hours a day
- Private Storage Units
- Emergency Response & Priority Health Care
At The Highlands, we have paid attention to things that make life easier, less stressful and more pleasant for your retirement years. You will enjoy the independence of home ownership with few hassles, as we maintain the integrity of the complex so that you may relax and enjoy!
The Highlands Retirement Living Community provides you with the pleasure of home ownership without the hassles. We take care of utilities, repairs, facility housekeeping, lawn care, and optional noon meal. When the time comes to vacate your residence, The Highlands resells the right of occupancy for your unit and will return between 80-90 percent of your occupancy fee. No hassles, nor worries...Just Enjoy!
If you like what you have seen and heard regarding The Highlands Retirement Living Community, let us help you compare to costs with your home or other retirement housing options in the Spencer area. The Highlands is truly an affordable and cost-effective option.
You are certain to relish the friendly, caring, Midwestern atmosphere at
Join our beautiful, neighborly community & begin...
Living Life to the Fullest!